IISD Reporting Services (IISD RS) Request for Proposal
Web Design and Content Management System (CMS) Development Services
Offers must be received no later than Friday, April 20, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. U.S. eastern time. Late offers will be considered at the discretion of IISD RS.
Submission of Offers
Please submit Technical and Price proposal no later than Friday, April 20, 2018 electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In October 2018, IISD RS will launch a fully redesigned website that transforms our static HTML pages and PDF documents into a dynamic CMS that enables users to search our archives easily and enables our reporting teams to easily upload, publish and collaborate from anywhere in the world.
We are seeking the services of a web development firm to redesign the IISD RS website (http://enb.iisd.org), improve and update our current CMS (WordPress) to run the backend of the redesigned site, and migrate our publishing process and archives into the CMS. There will be need for ongoing support through 2018 as our teams use the new publishing process and ask for changes and refinements.
IISD RS’s archive contains thousands of reports and photos currently online as static HTML pages and PDF documents. Our archive also includes hundreds of videos stored in Vimeo. Our website is structured around our meeting coverage. Each meeting has its own page, which contains sub-pages for daily coverage and photos. IISD RS wants to streamline the process of creating these pages and ensure they can be indexed and searched by users.
Build on an existing suite of brand assets (to be provided) to bring to life IISD RS’s reporting content and archive in a way that reflects our mission and values by creating an engaging, searchable, responsive website accessible on desktop and mobile and further update and improve our CMS so that it empowers our reporting and photography consultants to publish easily from any location worldwide.
- Conceptualize, design and develop a compelling and responsive website to replace the current site (enb.iisd.org)
- Update and improve our current backend content management system (CMS), WordPress, to manage all of IISD RS’s content and enable our reporting teams to more easily and efficiently publish when in the field
- Prepare the CMS so that archival content can be loaded, provide instructions and best practices to the team that will perform the data entry, and ensure that a robust search function works to deliver relevant results of both photos and text from the archive
- Design a workflow for publishing content so that it is output into various products
- Provide support/updates/troubleshooting as needed to ensure backend sustainability
Full details are available in the RFP download.
Please click here to download the official RFP.
Questions and Clarifications
All questions and/or clarifications regarding this RFP must be submitted in writing to email@example.com no later than Friday, April 13, 2018. Questions and requests for clarification, and the responses thereto, that IISD RS believes may be of interest to other bidders, will be circulated to all RFP recipients on this web page.