Another source of input to the
Secretariat will emanate from a series of roundtable
discussions that will be carried out between now and PrepCom
III. The roundtables will bring together key experts and
government representatives to address those components of the
Secretariat's mandate that may require additional work.
The following Roundtables have been tentatively planned:
- Women's Perspectives on Family Planning, Reproductive Health and Reproductive Rights: Ottawa, August 26-27, 1993.
- The Demographics of AIDS: Berlin, August 28- September 1, 1993.
- Population, Growth and Economic Development: UNFPA Headquarters, New York, September 2, 1993.
- Population and Development Plans and Strategies: Bangkok, October or November, 1993.
- Ethical and Moral Issues: Stockholm, date not confirmed.
- Interlinking Population and Sustainable Development: Geneva, November 24-26, 1993.
- Population and Communication: Vienna, date not confirmed.
PUT THE FOLLOWING IN A BOX:
IMPORTANT DATES FOR THE ICPD
July 1993: ECOSOC meeting, Geneva
September - December 1993: 48th Session of the UN General
Assembly, New York
11-22 April 1994: ICPD PrepCom III, New York
5-13 September 1994: International Conference on Population
and Development, Cairo
[Return to start of article]