IISD Reporting Services Coverage of UNFCCC COP21
30 November - 11 December 2015 | Paris, France
- ENB Negotiation Coverage / UNFCCC COP21
- ENBOTS Side Events Coverage / UNFCCC COP21
- ENB+ Side Events Video Coverage / UNFCCC COP21
- ENB+ Conference Reporting / Rio Conventions Pavilion
- ENB+ / Lima-Paris Action Agenda: Buildings Focus Day
- ENB+ / Lima-Paris Action Agenda: SLCP Focus Day
- ENB+ / Lima-Paris Action Agenda: Energy Focus Day
Paris Knowledge Bridge
Unpacking International Climate Governance
- History of
- Pillars of
- Science and Economics
of Climate Governance
- State of Play in
the UNFCCC Negotiations
The world of international climate change governance is a maze of policies, acronyms and jargon. The complexity of the current negotiations is unparalleled among multilateral environmental agreements.
Never before is it more important to cut through the complexity. The world looks to Paris in December 2015 where countries are to adopt a new climate change agreement. This agreement, if successfully agreed to by 195 states, will guide the future of climate governance and our planet.
These four videos are an introduction to the history, issues, actors and dynamics in global climate governance. We bring you the story of climate governance by those who make, implement and remake institutions for climate change. The videos contain interviews with 60 people, from Assistant Secretary General Janos Pasztor and UNEP Executive Director Achim Steiner, to frontline delegates drafting the new agreement’s text and civil society working to influence policy.
You can watch these videos in any order to learn more about how the world addresses climate change.