VEF 2021 Summary
Convening under the theme “Where Action Meets Ambition,” the first virtual Vienna Energy Forum (VEF) is intended to spur action by bringing together government representatives, stakeholders, and experts to discuss key topics that advance sustainable development in the energy domain and contribute to global climate action. These topics include:
- food system transformation, including scaling food productivity and smart food systems;
- industry integration, including the race to zero emissions and the digital revolution;
- energy efficient products;
- reimagining energy systems, including renewable capital and green grids;
- the consumer dimension, including how consumers may drive change and new services for consumers;
- green transportation and sustainable mobility solutions; and
- resilient networks and the blue economy in small island developing states (SIDS).
Sessions will examine priorities, showcase projects, and highlight action-oriented steps required to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030 and help forge an inclusive pathway that leaves no one behind as the world works to achieve net-zero emissions by 2050.
VEF 2021 will include Youth Day on 5 July 2021, followed by the Forum on 6-7 July 2021.
The Earth Negotiations Bulletin (ENB) will provide daily web updates on these sessions and a summary following the closure of the meeting. The summary report will be available on this site on Saturday, 10 July 2021.
Funding for ENB coverage of VEF 2021 has been provided by the Vienna Energy Forum.
To receive continuing coverage of this event delivered to your inbox, subscribe to the ENB Update newsletter.