IPCC-47 resumed its work on Wednesday. Following the adoption of the provisional agenda and the draft report of IPCC-46 as presented, the Panel discussed the following agenda items:
- IPCC Trust Fund Programme and Budget;
- Ad Hoc Task Group on Financial Stability;
- IPCC Scholarship Programme;
- Report by the WG Bureaux on the Selection of Coordinating Lead Authors, Lead Authors and Review Editors for the AR6;
- AR6 Outline Matters for Consideration; and
- Progress Reports.
The Panel heard progress reports on the:
- Special Report on Global Warming of 1.5°C;
- Special Report on Land and Climate Change;
- Special Report on the Ocean and Cryosphere in a Changing Climate;
- Task Force on National Greenhouse Gas Inventories;
- Task Group on Data and Scenario Support for Impact and Climate Analysis; and
- Communication and Outreach Activities.
ATG-Finance and the Financial Task Team also met during the day.
More detail about these discussions will be included in the ENB Summary report, which will be published on Monday, 19 March 2018.
IISD Reporting Services, through its Earth Negotiations Bulletin (ENB) meeting coverage, has provided daily digital coverage and a summary and analysis report from IPCC-47. The PDF version is available here.
Photos by IISD/ENB
For photo reprint permissions, please follow instructions at our Attribution Regulations for Meeting Photo Usage page.
Abdalah Mokssit, IPCC Secretary
Youba Sokona, IPCC Vice-Chair
José Romero, Switzerland
WGIII Vice-Chair Amjad Abdulla, Maldives
Masako Ogawa, Japan
Khalid Abuleif and Ayman Shasly, Saudi Arabia
Abdallah Nassif, Morocco
Jolene Cook, UK
Andrew Ferrone, Luxembourg
IPCC Vice-Chair Ko Barrett
IPCC Vice-Chair Thelma Krug
Jaivardhan Ramanlal Bhatt, India
Ephraím Mwepya Shítíma, Zambia
Ladislaus Chang'a, Tanzania
IPCC Vice-Chair Ko Barrett, US, with Task Force Bureau Co-Chair, Kiyoto Tanabe, Japan
Working Group II Vice-Chair Andreas Fischlin, Switzerland, with Rosa Ana González, Ecuador
Vladimir Ryabinin, Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission of UNESCO (IOC-UNESCO)
Birama Diarra, Mali
Trigg Talley, US
Abdalah Mokssit, IPCC Secretary, and Elhousseine Gouaini, World Meteorological Organization (WMO)
Jordan Harold, Cognitive Scientist
Working Group II Vice-Chair, Sergey Semenov, Russian Federation
Laird Shutt and Working Group I Co-Chair Gregory Flato, Canada
Working Group III Co-Chair Priyadarshi Shukla, India
Lindsey Fielder Cook, Friends World Committee for Consultation
Rosa Ana González, Ecuador
María Amparo Martínez Arroyo, Mexico
Elisha Moyo, Zimbabwe