UN Climate Change Dialogues 2020
23 November - 4 December 2020 | Online
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 26th meeting of the Conference of the Parties and the 52nd meetings of the Subsidiary Bodies to the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) have been postponed until 2021. While a face-to-face meeting is not possible, the Climate Dialogues will provide a platform to help advance work in a virtual setting. The meeting builds on the successful experience with the June Momentum for Climate Change that took place in June 2020.
The Climate Dialogues will take place over the course of 10 days and feature both short and multi-day events, such as the 12th meeting of the Research Dialogue or two workshops under the Koronivia Joint Work on Agriculture. The format ranges from mandated events for 2020, to events by constituted bodies, informal consultations by the Presiding Officers with parties, and information events. There will also be two thematic dialogues under the Subsidiary Body for Scientific and Technological Advice: one on the relationship between land and climate change adaptation, and one on ocean and climate change.
Most events will be openly broadcasted. Some, such as informal dialogues on transparency, informal consultations on response measures, or informal consultations on the review of the Doha work programme for Article 6 of the Convention, will not.
IISD, through its Earth Negotiations Bulletin (ENB) Meeting Coverage, will provide daily web updates and a summary and analysis report from the UN Climate Change Dialogues 2020. Kindly return to this page on Monday, 23 November 2020, for more information.
IISD/ENB Meeting Coverage
- High-level Roundtable on Climate Action, 24 September 2020, Online
- June Momentum for Climate Change, 1-10 June 2020, Online
- 52nd Session of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC-52), 24-28 February 2020, Headquarters of the UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), Paris, France
- Chile/Madrid Climate Change Conference, 2-15 December 2019, Madrid, Spain
- ENB Coverage of Climate Change Meetings
- Subscription Page for ENB Update, SDG Update, and Peer-to-Peer Community Mailing Lists (including Climate News, SDG News, Biodiversity News, Ocean News, Forests News, Trade and Sustainable Development News, and Regional Updates)
- SDG Update Newsletter - A compilation of news, commentary and upcoming events published on the SDG Knowledge Hub
- SDG Knowledge Hub - An Online Resource Center for News and Commentary Regarding the Implementation of the United Nations’ 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, including all 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)