June Momentum for Climate Change
1-10 June 2020 | Online
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Bonn Climate Change conference was postponed from June to October 2020. While a face-to-face meeting is not possible, a virtual meeting will take place during the originally scheduled dates for discussions related to the Paris Agreement.
A series of events will convene to help maintain momentum for climate action. The events are being convened to promote information exchange and to show progress even amid the current difficult circumstances. No formal negotiations are going to occur during these events.
Several events relate to the work of the constituted bodies, which are the bodies that focus on implementing various aspects of the Convention and the Paris Agreement. These technical bodies will give updates on their work and their future plans. Other events will discuss ongoing and emerging issues, such as a sustainable recovery from the pandemic. See our summary and analysis from the 25th session of the Conference of the Parties for the current state of play.
For more information, click here.
IISD, through its Earth Negotiations Bulletin (ENB) Meeting Coverage, is providing daily web coverage and a briefing note from the June Momentum for Climate Change online events.
Resources for the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
IISD ENB/ENB+ Meeting Coverage
- 52nd Session of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC-52), 24-28 February 2020, Headquarters of the UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), Paris, France
- Chile/Madrid Climate Change Conference, 2-15 December 2019, Madrid, Spain
- African Climate Risks Conference (ACRC) 2019, 7-9 October 2019, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- UN Summits Week 2019, 23-27 September 2019, UN Headquarters, New York
- IPCC-51, 20-23 September 2019, Principality of Monaco
- Latin America and Caribbean Climate Week 2019, 19-23 August 2019, Salvador de Bahia, Brazil
- IPCC-50, 2-7 August 2019, Geneva, Switzerland
- Bonn Climate Change Conference - June 2019, 17-27 June 2019, Bonn, Germany
- IPCC-49, 8-12 March 2019, Kyoto, Japan
- ENB Coverage of Climate Change Meetings
- Subscription Page for IISD Reporting Services Peer-to-Peer Mailing Lists (including CLIMATE-L, SDG, OCEANS-L, BIODIVERSITY-L, and Regional Updates)
- SDG Knowledge Hub - An Online Resource Center for News and Commentary Regarding the Implementation of the United Nations’ 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, including all 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Linkages Update - International Environment and Sustainable Development News