Commission on Sustainable Development Ad Hoc Open-Ended Working Group on Finance and Consumption and Production Patterns
- 4-8 March
- New York, USA
- For more information please contact Andrey Vasilyev, Division for Sustainable Development; tel: +1-212-963-5949; fax: +1-212-963-4620; e-mail: [email protected]
Fourth Session of the CSD
- 18 April - 3 May 1996
- During the week of 22-26 of April the CSD will have a presentation on the report of the Ad Hoc Working Group on Finance and Consumption and Production Patterns, followed by a panel discussion.
Expert Meeting on Changing Production and Consumption Patterns; the role of governments and the business community.
- February 1996
- Please contact the DPCSD for more information; e-mail: [email protected]
International Experts Meeting on Assessment of Technological Needs for Sustainability
- 5-7 February 1996
- The Hague, Netherlands
- For more information please contact, Ms. Petra Loeff, Ministry of Housing, Physical Planning and Environment, The Netherlands, tel: (31-70) 339-4080; fax:(31-70) 339-1304.
Conference on Sustainable Industrial Development ("Sharing Responsibilities in a Competitive World")
- 22 and 23 February1996
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- This is a high-level conference, organised by the Dutch Ministries of Environment and Economic Affairs. Further information: Maarten de Hoogh (tel. + 31 70 339 4362, fax. + 31 70 339 1293).
Workshop on Sustainable Development. Co-sponsered by the Wuppertal Institute.
- 22-25th August
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- For updated information see http://www.frt.fy.chalmers.se/amsterdam
Conference on Certification and Labelling of Sustainably Prioduced Forest Products
- Scheduled for mid-1996
- For more information please contact the Australian Mission to the UN, tel: +1-212-836-4100; Fax: +1-212-836-4110
Information Techniques in the Path of Sustainable Development
EIMS-UNIVERSITY OF CHILE PROJECT
- 10-12 April 1996
- For futher information please contact: Dr. Fernando Santiba�ez [email protected]
International Sustainable Development Research Conference
- 18-19 March 1996
- Manchester Conference Centre, UK
For further information please contact: The Conference Manager ERP Environment PO Box 75, Shipley West Yorkshire, BD17 6EZ Tel: +44 (0)1274 530408 Fax: +44 (0)1274 530409
British Council International Seminar - Environmental Technology: new developments and applications Directed by Dr John Merefield and Dr Michael Heath.
- 21st-27th April
- United Kingdom
- Fee: �1,290
- For further details, please contact: International Seminars Department The British Council 10 Spring Gardens London SW1A 2BN Tel: +44 (0)171 389 4154 Fax: +44 (0)171 389 4154 Telex: 8542201 BRICON G
The Soria Moria meeting, chaired by Norwegian Minister of the Environment, Thorbj�rn Berntsen, brought together 40 participants including several high ranking officials from the OECD countries, experts, UN representatives and NGOs. There were also more than 40 observers.
The on-line speeches and reports include:
The summary report will be available soon from the Norwegian Ministry of the Environment.
The on-line materials for this meeting include:
The workshop on Economic Instruments for Sustainable Development, held under the auspices of the UN Commission for Sustainable Development (UNCSD), set-out to initiate and stimulate discussion on the use of economic instruments (EIs) as mechanisms and tools for environmental management. The Chairman's Report outlines the workshop's main findings and recommendations for the use of EIs at the international and domestic level.
The ANPED Working Group on Changing Consumption and Production Patterns(WG CAP) will meet at the NGO Forum to be held in conjuntion with the Sofia Ministerial Conference, Environment for Europe. 22-24 October.
Transition in Transition. Challenges and obstacles in Achieving Sustainable Consumption and Production in Central and Eastern Europe
The report on this subject, written by Darek Szwed (Green Federation, Cracow) will be available prior to the workshop. For a copy of this report by electronic mail, contact Ewa Charkiewicz at [email protected] g or at the Secretariat ANPED WG CAP, Postbus 18185, NL-1001 ZB Amsterdam, tel./fax +31 70 3520 289.