Cristiana Paşca Palmer, CBD Executive Secretary, with Norbert Bärlocher, Switzerland
On Monday, Working Group I addressed:
• the global multilateral benefit-sharing mechanism under the Nagoya Protocol on access and benefit-sharing;
• resource mobilization and the financial mechanism under the Convention and its Protocols;
• capacity building, and scientific and technical cooperation under the Convention and its Protocols;
• raising awareness of the importance of genetic resources and associated traditional knowledge under the Nagoya Protocol; and
• knowledge management and communication under the Convention and its Protocols.
Working Group II considered:
• socio-economic considerations under the Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety;
• liability and redress under the Convention;
• biodiversity mainstreaming; and
• biodiversity and climate change.
Contact groups on synthetic biology and digital sequence information met throughout the day.
IISD Reporting Services, through its Earth Negotiations Bulletin (ENB) Meeting Coverage, has provided daily reports, daily web coverage, and a summary and analysis from the 2018 UN Biodiversity Conference.
BIODIVERSITY-L - A Mailing List for News on Biodiversity and Wildlife Policy
SDG - A Mailing List for News on Sustainable Development Policy
SDG Update Newsletter - A compilation of news, commentary and upcoming events published on the SDG Knowledge Hub
SDG Knowledge Hub - An Online Resource Center for News and Commentary Regarding the Implementation of the United Nations’ 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, including all 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Linkages Update - International Environment and Sustainable Development News