On Tuesday, Working Group I did not meet to allow for contact group discussions. In morning, afternoon and evening sessions, Working Group II addressed:
- biodiversity mainstreaming in the energy and mining, infrastructure, manufacturing, and processing sectors under the Convention;
- marine and coastal biodiversity, including ecologically or biologically sensitive marine areas (EBSAs);
- integration of Article 8(j) (traditional knowledge) under the Convention and its Protocols;
- conservation and sustainable use of pollinators;
- invasive alien species; and
- liability and redress under the Convention.
Deliberations continued into the night.
Contact groups and Friends of the Chair groups met throughout the day to address:
- digital sequence information;
- the budget;
- socio-economic considerations under the Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety;
- the post-2020 preparatory process;
- resource mobilization and the financial mechanism; and
- a global multilateral benefit-sharing mechanism under the Nagoya Protocol on access and benefit-sharing.
For more details on the day’s events and to hear what delegates said in the corridors, see our daily Earth Negotiations Bulletin (ENB).
IISD Reporting Services, through its Earth Negotiations Bulletin (ENB) Meeting Coverage, has provided daily reports, daily web coverage, and a summary and analysis from the 2018 UN Biodiversity Conference.
Photos by IISD/ENB | Franz Dejon
For photo reprint permissions, please follow instructions at our Attribution Regulations for Meeting Photo Usage Page