On Tuesday, Working Group I discussed a series of items on information sharing, national reporting, and assessment and review, under the Convention and its Protocols, including:
• knowledge management and communication under the Convention;
• operations and activities of the Biosafety Clearing-House;
• access and benefit-sharing (ABS) Clearing-House and information sharing under the Nagoya Protocol;
• mechanisms for national reporting, and assessment and review under the Convention;
• monitoring and reporting, and assessment and review under the Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety; and
• monitoring and reporting under the Nagoya Protocol on ABS.
WG II addressed:
• sustainable wildlife management;
• conservation and sustainable use of pollinators;
• Article 8(j) (traditional knowledge);
• biodiversity and climate change.
• enhancing integration under the Convention and its Protocols with respect to provisions related to ABS, biosafety, and Article 8(j);
• the second work programme of the Intergovernmental Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IPBES);
• spatial planning, protected areas, and other effective area-based conservation measures; and
• marine and coastal biodiversity.
In the afternoon and evening, plenary held an interactive dialogue on approaches to living in harmony with nature; and addressed preparations for the post-2020 global biodiversity framework.
A contact group on socio-economic considerations under the Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety met in the evening.
IISD Reporting Services, through its Earth Negotiations Bulletin (ENB) Meeting Coverage, has provided daily reports, daily web coverage, and a summary and analysis from the 2018 UN Biodiversity Conference.
BIODIVERSITY-L - A Mailing List for News on Biodiversity and Wildlife Policy
SDG - A Mailing List for News on Sustainable Development Policy
SDG Update Newsletter - A compilation of news, commentary and upcoming events published on the SDG Knowledge Hub
SDG Knowledge Hub - An Online Resource Center for News and Commentary Regarding the Implementation of the United Nations’ 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, including all 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Linkages Update - International Environment and Sustainable Development News