The XV World Forestry Congress will be held from 2-6 May 2022 in Seoul, Republic of Korea. The theme of the XV World Forestry Congress is “Building a Green, Healthy and Resilient Future with Forests.” Delegates to this meeting will consider a range of important issues related to forests and the products and services they provide, including:
- The importance of containing and reversing forest and tree-cover loss in attaining multiple global goals;
- Forests' role in addressing global environmental challenges, including climate change and biodiversity conservation;
- The important contribution of forest products and services to national economies, as well as strategies for enhancing financing in the sector;
- The use of forest resources to improve livelihoods, health, and well-being;
- Ways to improve forest monitoring, data collection, and knowledge management; and
- Enhancing multi-stakeholder partnerships and cooperation for the improved management and utilization of forest resources.
The Earth Negotiations Bulletin (ENB) will provide daily updates on the proceedings of this meeting, as well as a comprehensive report and analysis following the conclusion of the Congress.