On the eighth day, delegates continued their consideration of the Summary for Policymakers of the Working Group I (WG I) contribution to the Sixth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).
Three plenary sessions took place during the day, addressing:
- projected changes in climatic impact-drivers at regional level;
- what it will take, from a physical science perspective, to limit human-induced global warming; and
- the scale of recent changes across the climate system.
Across plenary sessions, delegates also heard reports on progress made in contact group discussions and huddles on various other subsections. Elements on which agreement was reached in contact groups or in huddles were taken up for approval at the next available plenary session.
Three contact group sessions also took place, addressing subsections on:
- changes in the climate system directly linked to global warming;
- the impacts of global warming on the global water cycle;
- natural drivers and internal variability; and
- global surface temperature increase in the near-term.