On the ninth day, delegates continued their consideration of the Summary for Policymakers of the Working Group I (WG I) contribution to the Sixth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).
Three plenary sessions took place during the day, addressing subsections on:
- global surface temperature increase in the near term;
- irreversible long-term changes;
- low-likelihood high-impact outcomes;
- equilibrium climate sensitivity;
- effects of strong reductions in CO2 and non-CO2 emissions;
- impacts of global warming on the global water cycle; and
- the role of natural drivers and internal variability.
In addition, authors met to discuss proposed responses to delegates’ comments, and contact group discussions addressed a number of subsections, including on the scale of recent changes across the climate system.