On Monday, Working Group II (WGII) of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) began its second week of deliberations on the Summary for Policymakers (SPM) of the WGII contribution to the IPCC Sixth Assessment Report (AR6).
Delegates met throughout the day in plenary sessions, contact groups and huddles, focusing on various sections of the SPM. Two plenary sessions took place, on the sections in the SPM dealing with:
- future adaptation options and their feasibility;
- avoiding maladaptation; and
- enabling conditions.
In contact group meetings, delegates discussed:
- vulnerability and exposure of ecosystems and people;
- near to mid-term risks;
- mid to long-term risks; and
- complex, compound and cascading risks.
To receive free coverage of global environmental events delivered to your inbox, subscribe to the ENB Update newsletter.