On Wednesday, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Working Group II (WGII) continued line-by-line approval of the Summary for Policymakers (SPM) of the WGII contribution to the IPCC Sixth Assessment Report (AR6). Two plenary sessions took place during the day, with delegates considering text on:
- observed impacts from climate change;
- mid- to long-term risks; and
- complex, compound, and cascading risks.
In contact group meetings, delegates discussed sections and subsections in the SPM relating to:
- future adaptation options and their feasibility;
- impacts of transiently exceeding climate targets (overshoot);
- current adaptation and its benefits;
- limits to adaptation;
- avoiding maladaptation; and
- enabling conditions.
To receive free coverage of global environmental events delivered to your inbox, subscribe to the ENB Update newsletter.