The approval plenary for the Summary for Policymakers (SPM) of the Working Group II (WGII) contribution to the Sixth Assessment Report (AR6) of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) continued throughout Tuesday, with delegates gathering in plenary and contact group sessions.
Two plenary sessions took place during the day, with delegates continuing their line-by-line consideration and approval of text relating to, inter alia:
- conditions for climate-resilient development;
- enabling climate-resilient development;
- impacts of transiently exceeding climate targets (overshoot);
- current adaptation and its benefits; and
- limits to adaptation.
In contact group meetings, delegates discussed sections and subsections in the SPM relating to:
- observed impacts from climate change;
- climate-resilient development for natural and human systems;
- achieving climate-resilient development;
- avoiding maladaptation; and
- enabling conditions.
The authors continued their active engagement in the process, providing clarification and text suggestions during the plenary sessions and contact group meetings.
To receive free coverage of global environmental events delivered to your inbox, subscribe to the ENB Update newsletter.